Series 201 Adjustable Dock Seal
Designed to work best where doors are over 9’H and or where trailers vary in height, the 0201 is an economical way to form an air tight seal between the building and trailer for dock openings up to 10’ W x 12’ H. For added versatility the 0201 is also available with adjustable head curtain that can be easily positioned by one person from inside the building by means of rope and pulley after the trailer is in position. The resilient foam pads can be covered with a large selection of tough abrasion resistant fabric, creating a tight seal that blocks foul weather, insects and dust, while saving money on energy costs. The series 0201 Dock Seal will also protect personnel, product and equipment while increasing comfort, safety and productivity.
Dock door seal(s) to be Series 0201 as manufactured by Super Seal Mfg. Ltd., Woodbrige, Ontaro. Dock door seal(s) to be manufactured to fit door opening size _____ft. wide x_____ft. high. Vertical pads to be manufactured using kiln-dried wood and high grade, dense, light weight urethane foam core with 98% copression recovery and maintaining flexibility at -40° (fire retardant formula available; please specify). Foam core shall be continously bonded (not spot glued) to the wood backing with a industrial, non flammable elastic adhesive. Cover fabric shall be double stitched with high strength twisted 4 ply 100% polyester bonded, U.V. treated thread. Cover fabric overlaps wood backing totally enclosing it and fastened with heavy duty plated staples. Vertical pads are vented through brass plated grommets allowing air to be exhausted and moisture to drain. Vertical pads are tapered cut at top to provide adequate drainage. Vertical pads have a 24” high 4” wide yellow guide stripe to aid in visability. Unit shall come complete with a droop curtain over vertical pads. Full width steel tube shall be inserted into a pocket on the head curtain to prevent sagging. Curtain is manually adjusted by means of rope and pulley assembly. Unit shall be furnished with galvanized mounting hardware to resist corrosion.
Series 0201 Product Details:
- Series 0201 standard dimensions for door openings 8’ W. x 10’ H. Has (2) two 10’ high vertical pads with a 12“ face, wedge shape and (1) one 10‘ long head curtain with a 24“ drop. Unit projection to be 10”.
- Seals trailer(s) 12’ to 13’6” H. from grade with a dock height of 48”.
- A large selection of cover fabrics available including our exclusive SS-90-1 high performance vinyl. Other available fabrics include hypalon and other vinyls. (SEE MATERIAL SELECTION GUIDE).
- Can be fitted for openings up to 10’ W. x 12’ H. by the use of wedge shaped verticals and longer curtain.
- 4” - 6” pad projection in front of the dock bumper face is recommended to prevent over-compression, excessive wear & tear and undue building wall pressure.